.

.
HOME               ABOUT               STEALS               FAVORITES               CONTACT

September 6, 2011

pinterest personal style diagnosis


 I am enthralled by furniture and wallcoverings and textiles and hardware and lighting (etc, etc, etc). When people ask me to define "my style," it is really hard for me to answer. I love a million things! 

So I did a style diagnosis on myself, à la Secrets from a Stylist. (Do you love that show as much as I do?)

I created two boards on Pinterest to which I pin ONLY things that I see and think "that is absolutely, 100% forever something I will love."


Board No. 1
To this board, I pin anything that... screams ME! Anything. Design inspiration can come from anywhere, so I don't limit myself. If I adore it, it goes here.

feminine/romantic
floral
inky navy blues, warm whites, soft pinks... and orange
tailored
preppy

You wouldn't believe me if I told you I was a tomboy as a child, would you? I am clearly making up for that now!


Board No. 2
To this board, I pin images from homes that exemplify exactly the kind of home I dream of living in. There were some pretty obvious commonalities in these images:

dark wood floors
white wood built-ins, wainscoting, ceilings
soft
traditional
tailored

After pinning my most favorite things for a few months, I took these lists of adjectives and boiled it down to two styles:

Romantic Vintage & Tailored Traditional

When you mash that together, you get


I think that captures my essence. Eau de Marissa.


You don't have to use Pinterest to keep track of your most favorite things and diagnose your style, but it sure is handy! Email me if you need an invitation.

 interior design blog, interior decorating blog, interior designer, interior design, interior decorator, interior decorating, interior decor, pottery barn decorating, decorating inspiration, interior designer virginia. interior designer charlottesville, interior design ideas, decorating ideas, decorating blog, romantic decorating, traditional decorating, vintage decorating

5 comments:

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

Oh, I love this post. So cute. . and your style diagnosis does not surprise me one bit. Darling.

house of earnest said...

this is wonderful.... I feel that I also need a diagnostic. I'm going to use your approach because I love it!

Simple Dwellings said...

What a fun post! I am right there with you on the house style! I love a classic, traditional style home with tons of moldings and white cabinetry! :)

Melissa @ Rooms said...

What a great idea! Its hard to pin point my style - I feel like there are so many different styles I am drawn to that my style changes a lot :)

Annie @ House on Rene said...

Thanks so much for this post. I would love to nail down my style and doing this would help!